After awhile, don't people just get tired of only serving themselves? Of only doing things with people to get something in return? Of only keeping friends because they offer services they can benefit from? I'm not talking about friendship services here, like someone to talk to and love, but services in terms of connections. That's how I feel about this particular person and it freaking pisses me off. "I only want to have phone service with a company that someone I know works there so they can do everything for me." How freaking lazy and ridiculous can you be? That's not all. It gets worse. But I'm not going to go into all of that.
I'm trying to give this person a chance to redeem herself in my eyes, but honestly I don't think she gets it. Everything we do revolves around her. Heaven forbid I think of something I'd like to do, there's no compromise. Don't get me wrong, most of the things we do are fun for me too, but it's irritating to be able to see through all her layers and see that her intentions aren't pure. I don't think she really values me as a friend, and honestly I don't care. We have different views, important different views, on so many things. But I don't go around shoving my stuff in her face. I don't offend her because I care. She doesn't care. She goes about her ways ranting and raving about all her politics, not watching where she steps. I'm not a baby, I don't get too hurt when people offend me because I'm strong enough in my beliefs. But if someone is your FRIEND, doesn't that mean they should try everything they can not to offend you? Unless of course it's for your own good, in which case this situation does not apply. It's not for my own good that she offends me. In fact, it's exactly the opposite.
I don't know how many chances I can give out. At least we've got a few miles between us so I don't have to see her every day. She's a "friend" in small doses for me. I don't like using the word "friend" to describe her. But she's more than an acquaitence...so what do I call her? I guess I just have to say her name. That explains it all I suppose.
One Month Down: SA Update
14 years ago
1 comment:
I know what you mean about having a friend that you aren't sure whether to call a friend or not, but they're more than an acquaintance...maybe she's just the person who brings out the "I want to strangle you" instinct in me. Good for patience and learning to love people who aren't always loveable.
Post a Comment