Saturday, November 04, 2006

you're used to doing something one way for so long, and then someone comes along and tells you you've been doing it wrong the whole time.

I realize now that I said awhile ago that I'd post a picture of my poor baby car after the hit-and-run...and never did. So here it is:



and these are some pretty trees at the park Ikey and I went to in Gladstone. Ikey is one of the kids I babysit sometimes.


This is the creek/river thing at the park in Gladstone.
I also forgot to say that on Wednesday I gave out my very first parking citation. I think these things are definitely going to help me get over the hit-and-run. The car I put it on was not only taking up two spaces, but it was also parked too close to the line so no one else could park next to it. So technically, they were taking up FOUR spaces! What were they thinking???!!!
I'm feeling a little better today. I revised everything on my capstone except for one transition, which I actually have to put some thought into. If she sends this back to me again...I might just have to open a can of whoop-ass...so she better watch out! Of course, since I'm 300 miles away, all I can really do is call her. Oh well. I'm just so sick of it, it's completely ridiculous that I don't have a grade for that class yet. I don't know what this means for the registrar...I just want everything to be un-complicated. OH! SOU finally received my transcript from PSU, so at least that's all over. WHEW! Capstone is the only thing now. UGH.
I also made two batches of brownies today so I could use up the rest of my eggs because today was the last day for them. I really didn't want to throw them away. And after running around looking for sugar and instead finding a dead mouse who had made its nest in my mom's flour bucket, I decided to look in Grandma's baking drawer (I don't like looking in there because once I found a live mouse in there and then Bryan killed it with a hammer and there was blood everywhere) and lo and behold, a nice can of sugar! No mice. I know there are still dead mice in this house though, somewhere, because every now and then I smell them. Yeah, that's gross....but that's what happens out here in the sticks.
Dad and I watched the Interpreter today. I love that movie. Nicole Kidman kicks ass. Dad was kind of freaking out this morning, but in terms of the other Saturdays, he was pretty good today. He is improving. I can see it. I just wish it would progress a little faster.
Well, I should probably finish the transition and send the story back to my teacher. Seriously...if she sends it back....grrrrr!

No comments: