So here I stand on the street, watching the cars whiz by
Here I sit in my new backyard, listening to the dogs bark
Listening to the sirens screech, the neighborhood go about its business
What happened, I ask
What. Happened.
Where did it go?
I feel like such a hypocrite now, those lines haunt me
“I can't sit in my car for hours
Trying to get from one side of the city to the other.
I can't live in a crowded suburban neighborhood.”
But here I am.
So I guess I can, live here.
My heart still pumps for the natural life
I still crave it, still want to live in it
But I guess for now I have to settle
Settle for less until I’m more than I am now.
And.....just so you all know, it's not that I don't like it here. I do. But it's just not my ideal place, ya know? As they say (and just who are these elusive "they"?) you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.
One Month Down: SA Update
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment