Saturday, September 15, 2007

"And when I wake tomorrow I'll bet that you and I will walk together again 'cause I can tell that we are going to be friends," -The White Stripes

Whoa....it's been two months since I blogged last! I'm sorry. It seems like time just slips through my fingers, as I imagine it does for almost everyone else.

I spent a week at the Christian Renewal Center at the end of July. It was lovely, as usual. I actually listened to the guest speaker the whole time! Usually I skip out after the second night, but I was actually interested in what he was talking about this time! :-) It was a wonderful week of catching up with old friends, hiking, creekwalking, and playing board games and card games. Not to mention the weather was absolutely gorgeous!

I went camping at a lake only 15 minutes from my house in August with my friend's young adult group. It was really really fun, and although I've driven past that lake many times, I had no idea it was there! Crazy! It was a nice, relaxing weekend and I'm glad I got to go.

I also got to spend some time with the Sisterhood (of the Traveling Champagne) in Portland (Alison, Corrine, Ellen, and Ashland Maggie, for those who don't know). Well, all except for Hollie, who was sick. It was great fun to hang out with them for two days! We went karaoke-ing, ate at a couple McMenamins, and went shopping on Hawthorne. It never gets old!

Later in August I finally ended up having to replace my poor computer. It died after 4 years of use. Luckily, it was the power supply that died, and the computer didn't crash, so I didn't lose any information. Praise the Lord for that! I would have been one unhappy camper had I lost all of my precious pictures and documents! My new computer is pretty great, although it does have the new Windows Vista operating system, which I'm actually not too impressed with. It took awhile for me to get used to it. There are still some things I'm working out. I'm happy with it though, and even happier that this new computer cost less than my old computer! WOO!

I spent a couple days up at CRC again for Labor Day Weekend. I actually wasn't signed up to go, but I heard that Carina and Portland Maggie (I suppose she's Beaverton Maggie now...) were going to be there, so I decided to go up for a day. I should've known that it's impossible to only spend one day at CRC with Maggie there! She convinced me to spend the night but I didn't bring anything with me except some cooler clothes in case the weather changed. That was interesting. All in all it was great fun, as usual. That place never gets old for me.

My next big adventure (well, maybe it isn't SO big...) is showing Alison and Corrine the loveliness of the Oktoberfest Festival in Mt. Angel tomorrow. It is going to be grand, I just know it! I only hope that they wake up early enough to get there by noon so we can see the maypole dancers and participate in the chicken dance! If you only get to see one thing at Oktoberfest, that should be it! I'm also excited to go to the Winegarten and Biergarten, as it's turf I've never been allowed on before! Not that I'm a big drinker or anything, I just like to try new things. YAY! I can't wait!

Tonight is my church's Annual Salmon Bake. It's the one time of year I allow myself to eat fish, so if you've been wanting to see that I actually do eat fish once a year, come on out! It starts at 5:30pm. Contact me for directions!

Well, I best be going. My aunt's coming in a month and I should start up the Rutschman Farm Beautification Project once more to get this place ship-shape! Today's goal: Cut back the crazy-long rosebushes that haven't bloomed all season! Hope you all have a lovely Saturday and accept the fact that indeed, summer is over. Welcome Autumn!

No comments: