Saturday, January 06, 2007

tales of the absentminded

What a week. Sunday I worked in the morning instead of the evening so I could go up and spend New Year's with my dear little brother and some great friends. It was REAL fun!!! We've all changed SO much!

Monday I left Bryan's around 4 and headed home. Tuesday I took Grandma to town (after an impromptu doctor's appointment and blood test...LAME!) so she could run some errands. She doesn't get out too much, so it's the least I can do. :-) I took my poor car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change so I won't have to worry so much about it breaking down or something on me. It's been running pretty crappily lately. Probably because I've been poor and unable to pour my usual amount of money into it. Cars. Just like kids sometimes. Hehehe.

Wednesday I worked. Thursday I worked. Friday I went to Mac in the morning and made my car white again. It had been a gross gray-brown for too long. Ran some errands and then went to Grandma's to kill time before work. The visit ended up being a lot more exhausting than I'd anticipated. The doctor ordered yet ANOTHER freaking blood test (I'm getting to the bottom of this on Monday!) so I had to take Grandma in again. Well, I would have if I hadn't absentmindedly locked my keys in my car and couldn't get the spare key out from under my car. SO the receptionist took her, while I wresteled with the spare key. Finally a guy came along and helped me out, just when I was about to go in and get one of the janitors. He was a sweet 'ol guy, in his late sixties, I'd guess. He got the key out no problem. I probably could have if I'd laid under the car on my back, but seeing as I was in my nice work clothes, that wasn't really an option for me.

I got to work on time, despite the obstacles. I met the new lady I'm working with, she's pretty nice. She's a retired Catholic school teacher. Should be an interesting run. :-) She's my first 24-hour shift. I have her from 9am on Fridays to 9am on Saturdays. Yesterday wasn't bad at all. I think I can handle it. :-)

After work today I relaxed a bit at home with mom, then went to meet Hollie in Salem. I haven't seen her for almost 2 months because of all the holiday stuff! We're resuming our weekly get-togethers. YAY!

Sometimes I really don't understand this house. I'll have the heat all the way up (80-90 is all the way up for me) and it'll get nice and toasty for awhile but then turn off, and the next thing I know I'm freezing. It's very frustrating. I guess I should invest in a snowsuit or something, since I can't completely rely on the heater.

Well, I think I'm gonna hit the hay. The mall really drained me today (that's where Hollie and I were at) and the computer screen is getting blurry, a sign I should go to bed. :-) Hope you all had a lovely Saturday! It was nice, no rain today!

No comments: