I can't believe that I haven't posted since January 6. I'm sorry, to those who read this. I have been "hella" busy. I've been workingworkingworking, handling family business (not just my dad's side, but now my mom's side too!!! ack!), trying to drive in the snow and then chickening out at the last minute (well, I guess I wasn't really chickening out, I had slid three times and ran a stop sign before I called in and slowly drove back home), dealing with FREEZING RAIN (!!!), and then MORE SNOW (!!!!), and then this weekend I went to Portland.
Portland was awesome, to say the least. I stayed with Ellen and Alison (Alison just moved in with her, YAY!!!) and Corrine came over for a bit. She was really busy this weekend with trainings and such. Next time I'll make sure everyone's mostly free. It was still great fun though. Friday night, Alison, Ellen, and I had dinner at the Bagdad (it's one of the McMennamins) and then watched "Stranger Than Fiction" at that theater. It was sooooo awesome! The theater is beautiful!!!
After that we went to karaoke at the Galaxy, which Alison says is her new home. It's kind of like the Goose (in Ashland), except there aren't as many hicks. It was soooo fun and entertaining! Ellen and I sang "Just a Girl" and then Alison and I sang "Say My Name". Alison sang "Believe" by Cher on her own, and then "Ana's Song" by Silverchair. It was reallllly fun! But next time, if we drink, we will drink before going there because the drinks are SOOOO expensive for what you get!
Yesterday, Alison, Ellen, and I had breakfast at the Doug Fir (awesome, awesome restaurant!) and then hung out at the apartment for awhile (Alison and Ellen live at a place called the "Zachary Taylor"!), watching SNL's The Best of Molly Shannon. Oh, and we watched som hilarious Youtube videos too. Gosh, I miss high-speed internet!
After Ellen left for work, Alison and I searched for parks on my Portland map. We had decided to go park-hopping. We started out with Laurelhurst Park, which just happens to be a pretty amazing park. I don't think I'd ever been there before. There was a big duck pond that still had some thick ice on it. Made for some beautiful pictures!
We wandered around the park and then decided to just go shopping on Hawthorne and do Mt. Tabor next time. We went to Powell's and Alison got me a Christmas present...soooo awesome! We went to a couple other shops and then went to the Bagdad for dinner. We can't get enough of that High Pasta, it is just soooo good!
I left Portland around 6:30pm. It was a very good time! Hopefully I'll be able to come up again sometime soon!
That's about it for now, hope you all are doing well! Stay warm!!!
One Month Down: SA Update
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment